clevedon literary festival
more than words
Our team and our values
We, Directors and Committee of Clevedon Literary Festival subscribe to the following values, embedded in all our work:
- We are an independent, not for profit organisation (CIC), run co-operatively, working wherever possible with local partners – in education, public services, complementary arts; supporting local businesses and seeking out opportunities to transform unused assets for the benefit of the town.
- We are sensitive to difference & diversity: including multicultural, intersecting identities of race, creed, age, social status, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability and advantage.
- We do not align ourselves with any party-political views. However, the content of our festival is inevitably and often explicitly ‘political’ in line with these values.
- We promote or provide edgy, radical, experiential and courageous work, which is engaging & fun, engendering wonder, bringing high quality art for the benefit of the local community and wherever possible, creating a cultural legacy for the town. We believe that art should challenge and stimulate reflection and discussion. We want to foster local, grass roots talent and local art and through our work, bring creative people together. We believe that art, and thus our work, should reflect current themes and concerns in wider society and worldwide movements.
Our green credentials
- We are ecologically aware, with a small carbon footprint and committed to a sustainable future for our community, our town, our planet and our programmes. We want our work to promote the wider wellbeing of our community – healthy people (in mind and body) and support and respect for the environment that nourishes us.